Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five for Friday

High Five for Friday is a new type of post I will be doing on Fridays.  I have recently started following two awesome blogs by a couple of sisters.  Kate at thesmallthingsblog.com and Lauren at frommygreydeskblog.com are creative and fun.  Check them out!  Anyway, Lauren hosts this event of sorts called "High Five for Friday," where you post images from your week - your "happy" things, if you will.  I will be using my favorite Instagram photos...I know, so trendy and hip.  Without further ado, here is my first shot at H54F!





1.  ALEX IS HOME.  For those of you who don't know, this mountain man has been out in the wilderness of the West for 47 days...but who was counting? [Photo cred - AM]
2.  Alex and I hiked the Chimney Tops of Great Smoky Mountain National Park last weekend.  Talk about a view!  Good grief I love East Tennessee.
3.  Ok. Here is the deal.  I have had my eye on these Target journals for months (I have frequent flyer miles to Target in general, especially the paper goods aisle.)  I finally broke down and bought them.  Aren't they precious?
4.  DIY 4th of July clothespins.  So pleased with how they turned out!  Sadly, I didn't get the chance to use them.  I will next year though!
5.  America. This is my brother, waving our Star Spangled Banner in his newly acquired stars and stripes polo, on top of my Aunt Jen's red Suburban during the firework display.  If this doesn't say "I'm Proud to be an American," I just don't know what does. [Photo cred - Mama D]

So happy Friday everyone!
-JD

2 comments:

  1. Love those target journals! I have a definite addiction to all things paper. And yes, I go to Target waaaaaay too much as well! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete