Monday, July 16, 2012

define: comfort

There are things in this world that inexplicably bring us comfort each time we call on their services.  One of these things for me happens to be Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan romantic comedies.  There is something about curling up in my nice, cozy bed and whisking away into a land that is not my own, but feels like it could be.  I love You've Got Mail especially for this reason - the quaint Shop Around The Corner, New York in the fall, reading a book at the local Starbucks.  It just has that something.

There are days when a feel good movie, a grilled cheese sandwich, and your favorite striped PJ pants make everything feel a little better.  I am a big fan of life's little blessings and a firm believer that God shows up in unexpected ways.  One of my favorite ways is the sigh of relief you feel when unexpected comfort falls into your lap - even if it arrives in the form of a movie about dial-up internet connections.

-jd




p.s. If this doesn't look like a movie watching dream, I don't know what does.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about this movie! It's my go to pick me up! =) warm&cozy&sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing quite like it - the perfect snuggle-up-during-a-rainstorm movie. :)

      Delete