Friday, October 7, 2011

Things I Love - Puppies

Puppies. Puppies. Puppies. Puppies. Puppies. PUPPIES.
Quite possibly my favorite topic of discussion.  I want a dog SO bad.  It is probably unhealthy how much I want one as a matter of fact.  I think I can originally trace my love of dogs back to 101 Dalmatians.  I wanted a dalmatian farm - just like the movie.  Until my mother informed me that dalmatians had a tendency to be temperamental and even mean.  So I let that dream go, but I moved on to many others, don't you worry.




As a child, I was very imaginative.  I loved creative writing.  I also loved puppies, as has already been established.  Well, I was in a multi-age classroom for kindergarten through second grade and had the same teacher all three years.  Turns out that I had enough imagination to create puppy themed creative writing stories every time we had an assignment - for all three years.  When my parents came to one of my parent/teacher conferences, my teacher handed them a stack of papers and said, "I really think you should consider getting her a dog."  True life.  I did not make that up.


We brought home a dog named Biscuit from the pound a few years later.  That didn't last long.  We still don't know exactly what breeds created the psycho dog, but she eventually had to go live on a farm.  She is happily rounding cattle now.  I feel sorry for the cows.  Then, on a Saturday in November of 1999, my parents surprised my brother and I with a gift.  (We really needed the pick-me-up.  Tennessee had just lost to Arkansas.  It was not a pretty sight.)  They had a little poem entitled "The Month Before Christmas".  It was a play off of "The Night Before Christmas" for those of you who didn't catch that.  So, Mama D brought out this green and red box with a bow on top - the kind they have on TV where the lid just lifts off - and Reed and I opened it together.  Inside, sat the cutest little puppy I have ever seen.  But we thought it was a stuffed animal at first - until she moved.  Reed and I screamed, "IT'S REAL!!" We named her Holly and she is still the cutest little dog of all time.


Sweet Holly




So, what it boils down to is this.  I once again want a dog so bad it is a joke - a dog of my very own, of course.  A little puppy would make my life here at school a crazy, mixed up, busy, frustrating, time-consuming mess.  But it would be the happiest little mess.  That's the thing I like most about dogs - they are totally worth the trouble.  They love you unconditionally...no matter how many mistakes you make.  They think you're the best even at your worst.  Hey, who doesn't want a little bit of that action?  So, on this lovely fall morning, I would like to share some of my favorite puppies with you.  Everyone loves a good puppy picture.
Yorkie Poo


Yorkie


Weimaraner


Labradoodles
Black Lab






Maltese - aka Hipster Dog


Goldendoodle


Yorkie


Goldendoodle


Chocolate Lab


Maltipoo


Yellow Lab


Beagle


Maltese


English Bulldog


Chocolate Lab


You're welcome.  Happy Friday!


Live with love,
-JD


P.S. Dogs rule, cats drool.  Yep.  I went there.

No comments:

Post a Comment