Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sing to the King

This past weekend, I served on a Christian retreat known as the Journey.  It is always such a blessing to be a servant in such a real and tangible way.  I absolutely believe in the whole concept of "When you give, you receive."  One of the songs that was a theme of the weekend was "Sing to the King."  It is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites.  The words and so true and so powerful.  

Sing to the king who is coming to reign
Glory to Jesus the lamb that was slain
Life and salvation his empire shall bring
and joy to the nations when Jesus is king

Come let us sing a song
a song declaring we belong to Jesus
He is all we need
Lift up a heart of praise
sing now with voices raised to Jesus
Sing to the king.

For his returning we watch and we pray
we will be ready the dawn of that day
we'll join in singing with all the redeemed
Cause Satan is vanquished and Jesus is king!



Now, I am not one to buy into the "Satan" deal regularly.  I believe in the Almighty God, but I have a tendency to just skip over the Devil stuff.  Well, I have realized evil is real - that is what sin is.  You can't really ignore all of that business, because if it wasn't real, there wouldn't be a need for Christ's sacrifice.  The truth of the matter is that evil and sin are real.  And that makes that last line so much sweeter!  Satan (sin, evil, hate) is vanquished (conquered, crushed, triumphed over) and JESUS IS KING!


I think that is the most incredible story of all time.  Jesus came down from heaven and kicked Satan's behind.  Bye, sin.  See ya...NEVER.  It is almost unbelievable, and yet, it is the most important part of our existence.  It's funny how God does that.  Well, I may not completely understand it, but I will rejoice in it, with my voice raised - HE is all we need.


Live with love,
-JD

1 comment:

  1. Gives me chills...Love that song too. I'm so glad you all had a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete