Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things I Love - Jokes



New Blog Topic - Things I Love.  Tonight's topic: JOKES.


Confessions time - I love love LOVE jokes.  Corny, goofy, childish - it doesn't matter.  Knock, Knock, riddle, one-liner - you name it, I'll laugh at it.  


Simple humor truly brings me great joy.  When jokes are being told, Alex (boyfriend) and my Mom (Caroline) tend to guess the punch line.  They have the uncanny ability to figure them out before they are told.  I, on the other hand, do not.  They are both very analytical people...they do that type of thing for a living.  Me?  I sing.  Different side of the brain.  So I NEVER figure out the punch line - but that is ok with me.  I am going to die laughing one way or the other.


My brother, Reed, is truly, without a doubt, the funniest person I have ever met in my entire life.  I mean, the kid is a genius.  I've been trying to convince him to do a stand-up routine for years.  Long story short,  I am surrounded by laughter on a regular basis. And it is AWESOME.


Some of my very favorite jokes are:


Why did the elephants have to leave the pool?
Because they couldn't keep their trunks up.
What kind of shoes to mice wear?
Squeakers.
Why did the chicken NOT cross the road?
Because he was chicken.
How do you wake up Lady Gaga?
Poke 'er face.
Where does George Washington keep his armies?
In his sleevies.


And my all time favorite...(drum roll, please)
There was a mommy tomato, a daddy tomato, and a baby tomato walking down the street.  The baby tomato stops to look at something, and the daddy tomato turns around and says, "Hey! Ketch-up!"


Oh, man.  Classics.  In my family, a day without laughing is like...actually, I don't know what it is like because there has never been such a day.  So, go out, tell a joke, and laugh a little.






Live with love (and laughter),
-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment