Monday, May 23, 2011

Things I Love - Taco Night

At Amigo's Mexican Restaurant, Monday nights are the best night of the week.  Hard shell beef tacos are a reduced price of 75 cents. (It used to be 59 cents.  Clearly, tacos have suffered from inflation.)  It is a tradition in Johnson City for many, many people to attend this weekly fiesta.  We used to go all the time in high school.  In fact, my very first date with Alex was at Amigo's.  Just Alex, me, tacos, chips and salsa, and his friend, Ben.  Somehow, I missed the "bring a wingman (woman)" memo.  But after that first night, we went every Monday night together for a while and it was ALWAYS delicious.


Tonight, I went with my best friend, Cari.  We talked about her exciting day in the Jonesborough DA's office.  She is the summer intern.  But her title should really be the summer wintern.  She has already served as an official court translator and put a child abuser behind bars.  She is practically a lawyer already...and we haven't even finished undergrad.


As we were leaving, a terrible tragedy occurred.  My Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses tumbled from atop my head and fell to the pavement next to Cari's car.  One of the lenses shattered.  I now resemble a pirate when I wear them.  Good thing Cari had a new iPhone app that makes pictures look cool to document the horrible incident. 


For the record, this is not staged.  This was my real face for approximately 2.37 minutes.
Well, my picture was clearly pathetic.  But the good news is that we did get a picture for Cari's album cover.  Glad we got that taken care of.  Photo - check.  Album - not check.


Channelling Matt Wertz.
So, long story short: Amigo's is the home of some of my very favorite memories.  My sunglasses are donezo.  Cari is ready for a record deal.  That is all.  The end.


"A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad."  -Arnold H. Glasgow


Live with love,
-JD

1 comment: