Friday, April 29, 2011

Nuptials fit for a Princess...but REALLY.


Well, I caught the Royal Wedding bug.  And I have to say, the day did not disappoint.  I thought Kate looked absolutely FLAWLESS.  At the risk of being redundant, I thought she was the most stunning bride I have ever seen.  I loved the dress, the hair, the veil, everything.  Some of my favorite images from the day.
Kate arrives at Westminster Abbey with her Father

Kate with her sister and MOH, Pippa
I love this sweet moment between them (And BOTH of the dresses!)

Oh, you know...just hanging out with a few close friends.

This picture makes me think of Whitney Calhoun.
She could have been Whitney of Wales, aka WOW.

My favorite moment of the day.

Off they go!
The Prince and Princess on their way to happily ever after :)
Dress - Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
Hair - down, soft, and flowing
Make-up - Kate did it herself!

Kate's Something List...

Something old: The bridal gown, from Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, featured “traditional Carrickmacross craftsmanship,” a lace technique that dates back to the 1800s.  
Something new: Her parents gifted their daughter with custom-made diamond oak-leaf earrings with a diamond-encrusted acorn set in the middle, a nod to their new family crest.
Something borrowed: Kate’s tiara, on loan from the queen herself, per royal wedding tradition, is a 1936 Cartier “halo.” 

Something blue: We can't see it, but a blue ribbon is sewn into the interior of her dress.    

I am so glad I was up to watch this historical event.  It was said on the Today show that this is just what the world needed right now...I think I agree with them.






Live with Love,
-JD

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day. LOVE LOVE LOVE it and LOVE you too. :)

    ~WOW

    ReplyDelete