Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who am I?

I have recently decided that I want a blog.  Inspired by friends and their blogging adventures, I have joined the club.  I don't know that I have anything other people would find worth reading about, but I like to write - and this will be a nice break from the academic papers I am assigned for class.
A little about me...My name is Jenny.  I am a student at the University of Tennessee studying Music Education.  I am the Youth Intern at Church Street UMC in downtown Knoxville.  I am an Alpha Delta Pi. I am the daughter of Spanky and Mama D.  I am the sister of Reed.  I am the girlfriend of Alex.  I am a sinner, saved by grace.  I am a lot of things.  
The interesting thing about being a human is that a multitude of factors influence who we are. A variety of events, both planned and unplanned, shape us into who we become.  I have been excessively blessed by the events in my life and wouldn't change a thing.  I am pretty proud to have lived 20 years without accumulating regret.
As a senior in high school, (I have a feeling I will be referring to this year alot, as I made some very important decisions during this time) I adopted a "life motto" of sorts.  It is a quote by Alexander Woollcott.  It is "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day."  I strive to approach life with this mindset.  I may not always know where I'm going, but I savor the process of getting there.  Life is just as much about the journey as it is the destination.  So here is the beginning of my blogging journey.  


Live with love,
-JD

2 comments: