Friday, April 22, 2011

New York State of Mind

So, for those of you who don't know, music is a big part of who I am.  In high school, I dreamed of going to Broadway and performing.  I went to college to earn a degree in something slightly more practical - Music Education.  Upon starting my college career, I fell in love with the concept of being a teacher even more than I previously had, and my Broadway aspirations fell to the wayside.  Recently, however, I have had a rekindled love for the stage thanks to the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables at the O2 in London (saw it on TV, not live - but still incredible).  The performance is flawless.  At the end of the show, there is an encore of the song "One Day More" in which the cast of the 25th Anniversary Concert is joined by the original cast of Les Mis from 1985.  It is some of the best musical theatre I have ever seen.



Clearly, it has consumed my thoughts.  I don't know if this is because I love it so much or because I desperately need summer break to arrive...possibly a combination of the two.  But I have to say...I don't hate it.


Live with love,
-JD

2 comments:

  1. If you become a Broadway star, I'll become Miss America. We can totes do it. Puhweasseee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear the crown. Be the crown. You are the crown.
    P.S. A loft in Times Square is calling our names...the people of NYC wouldn't know what to do with our southern selves.

    ReplyDelete