Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I Love - Planning Periods

It has been quite some time since I gave an update about my student teaching experiences.  In a nutshell: high schoolers really do think they know everything, middle schoolers are abducted by aliens on a regular basis, and naps have never been so wonderfully pleasant and refreshing.  Some of my favorite quotes from the middle school thus far:

"Did they have that when you were a kid, Ms. Darden?"
"Have what?"
"Nickelodeon."

On a day when I didn't get as much sleep as usual...
"Wow, Ms. Darden! You really look like you need a hug."

"Ms. Darden, what are we doing today?"
"What do we normally do?"
"Sing and stuff."
"Exactly."
"So we're not having a party?"
 "No. Why would we have a party?"
"Ummmm, it's Tuesday?"

If there is one thing I have learned from all of this, it is that the old saying "Laughter is the best medicine" is nothing short of a prophesy for my semester thus far.

P.S. I am taking 5 minutes of my planning period to write this post.  Thus, the reason that I love planning time.

Live with love [and lots of laughter],
JD




No comments:

Post a Comment