Monday, February 6, 2012

Ms. Darden Reporting for Duty

I have officially finished my fourth week of being a full-time educator, and I begin my fifth week in the morning.  I will be honest, it is a little bit harder than I had originally anticipated.  And by "a little bit"I mean a whole dang lot.  It is absolutely exhausting - but I am LOVING it. Every minute of it.  I don't even mind 7:30 bus duty. (Ok, I could do without leaving my house before 7:00 AM...) Long story short, this is one of the most wonderful, tiring, frustrating, eye-opening experiences I have ever had.  I have an entirely new appreciation for my own teachers and for working parents.  I am learning so much every day, it is hard to even know where to start.


So, rather than attempting to recap everything that has happened in my first month (wow that is hard to believe) of teaching, I have made my top 10 list of things I am thankful in my new teacher world.  MUCH more to come :)


10. WBIR morning weather report
9. Felt Tip pens. 16 different colors.
8. TOMS Heels
7. Turkey Creek Super Target
6. Copiers that hole punch AND staple
5. Colleagues like Amy Beth Miller
4. A bible app that reads The Word to me on my morning commute
3. Solfege
2. Alarm clocks
1. COFFEE



Wondering where my own imagination will take me...
Live with love,
-JD

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your student teaching is going well! I hope your students are LUCKY to have you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete