Friday, December 30, 2011

A penny saved for Christmas Day...

Yesterday, I went on one of my very regular excursions to one of my favorite places on the planet, Target.  [I had been experiencing some separation anxiety in the days following Christmas].  I wandered through the Christmas section, picking up some various 50% off wrapping accessories for next year's gifts and stumbled upon a brilliant find which led to a brilliant idea (if I do say so myself).



For those of you who don't know, I have a bit of an eccentric obsession with gingerbread decorations.  I have a wide assortment of gingerbread themed decor which appears the day after Thanksgiving, and, especially in my younger years, might stick around into February.  My love for those jolly little holiday cookies led my mother to wrap half of my gifts this year in gingerbread paper, and prompted my aunt to give me this mug (which I must admit is one of my favorite gifts of the season).


Anyway, I came up with an idea when I saw that glorious little $4.99 bank.  Why not start saving for Christmas right away?  We all have a tendency to overspend during the holiday season, so maybe this can help out a little.  My plan is to leave this bank up all year long.  When I have extra change, or even a dollar bill or two, I will drop it in the bank and raise some holiday money to support my gift giving.  Then, on December 1, I will open up the bank and see what is there.  Maybe it will be enough for a whole gift, maybe it will be enough for a roll of wrapping paper.  Either way, it will be a fun way to save some money and take some of the load off the holiday season!


Live with love,


-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment