Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Lately

So, on this rainy Wednesday morning, I am feeling particularly philosophical.  Maybe it's because I am a senior, and practically all of my classes require me to ask myself tough questions.  Maybe it's because I am on the brink of starting the next big chapter of my life.  Maybe it's because in movies, days like today are when people sit on the couch in cozy clothes, drinking coffee from huge mug, and reflect.  Who knows the reason - but I am reflecting nonetheless.


I have learned that life is like one of those picture collages where a million tiny little pictures make up something bigger.  Our lives are not linear.  They are, rather, a combination of memories, relationships, joys, sorrows, and experiences that shape us into who we become.  The funny thing is, it seems like the things that truly change our hearts are not the things that we expect.



I have been blessed by grace and love, more so than I deserve, and I am so thankful for the way my life has been shaped by people and places who have loved me.  I wonder, what if we all lived with the mindset of positively impacting each other's lives?  Of considering, in any given moment, if a snapshot of that point in time would be a good part of someone's "bigger picture"?  I'm told I'm an idealist - someone who sees the good in just about anything, even to an extreme degree.  I think this is about the best compliment I can be given.  Call me a dreamer - I can live with that.  I think we could all use a little more beauty in our lives.  So, let's all look for the best in each other...it certainly can't hurt.

Live with love,
-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment