Thursday, January 30, 2014

new years.


So, it's January 30th and I'm just now getting around to posting about my New Year's Resolutions.  Why? Because I wanted to see if I actually stuck with them. It hasn't been perfect, but hey - perfect seems pretty boring to me. So, without further ado...my 14 resolutions for 2014.

1. Don't give up on resolutions. I think this one is pretty obvious.  But I am the queen of giving up by January 3rd because I missed a day. Not happening this year.

2. Get healthy. This is not a goal about a magic number on a scale and that makes my heart sing.  This is about lifestyle choices - being active, eating well, learning to cook. So far, so good. Also, Trader Joe's is a gift from above.

3. Tidy up. This has made my life significantly simpler.  At the end of each day, I take about 10 minutes to do things around my apartment that need to be done - folding clothes, organizing my desk, putting away the dishes. Some nights are more effective than others, but I have avoided "cleaning parties" by doing things a little bit at a time.

4. Get fit. Once again, not about weight loss.  Growing up, I danced multiple hours a day just about every day of the week.  I have lost flexibility and stamina and I'm working to get those things back.

5. Don't snooze.  This is the least successful goal so far.  I have a terrible habit of snoozing in the morning.  We're talking SERIOUS separation anxiety with my bed.  I'm gonna get over it...one day...maybe.

6. Make my bed.  I love a clean room.  And a made bed is a large part of that.  I've been pretty diligent about making my bed in the morning and it has made a huge difference.  Such a simple change!

7. Hydrate.  Drink. More. Water. Period. End of story.

8. Read.  Read a book a month. A little behind on my January reading, but I'll catch up!  More to come on my reading list.

9. Be intentional.  I have a lot of dear friends and family who do not live in good ol' Knoxville.  I want to be better about having phone conversations, writing notes, and going on coffee dates. Who doesn't love a resolution that is all about words?

10. Travel.  I just want to go places. This year, I'm traveling to the Big Apple.  It is happening - 100%.

11. Finish projects.  I am the queen of starting something and never getting about to finishing it. So, watch out Pinterest. I'm coming for ya.

12. Be still.  I have not done a great job the last little while about having quiet time.  I want to listen to what God is telling me, but I am terrible about being silent.  I'm looking forward to setting aside time to be in The Word and just be still.

13. Learn calligraphy.  I think calligraphy is a beautiful art and a skill that will be such a fun one to acquire.  I have ordered a "calligraphy how-to" kit and am so excited to write beautiful notes and letters.

14. GET A PUPPY. I can hardly bear how excited I am about this goal.  But come June, there will be a new member of 449 and I could not be more thrilled.  I'll be rescuing and am so excited about what this new adventure has in store!  Until then, you can find me googling all things puppy until the wee small hours of the morning.  How glorious!

1 comment:

  1. #13 makes me smile - it's one of my resolutions too. I'm far from perfect yet (not even half way through the alphabet) but I'm having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete