Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Thoughts on a Tuesday

It's Tuesday.  A day of the week that more times than not I find more sluggish and difficult than Mondays.  You see, Mondays are like a fresh start - who knows what the week might hold on a Monday.  But Tuesdays...they are sneaky.  They hold challenges that are hidden as regular tasks and weekly meetings and Monday night leftovers.  Even so, I don't mind Tuesdays.  I just like some of the other days a little better.

As I've mentioned before, You've Got Mail is one of my all-time favorite movies.  It is the film equivalent of comfort food, like macaroni and cheese or chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.  I like it because of it's quotes and conversations.  Have I mentioned I'm a words person?  In it, Kathleen Kelley writes to Joe Fox about her life:
"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."
I think we have a tendency to buy into the fallacy that a life that isn't full of daily adventures or extreme fortune or household-name-fame isn't a life that amounts to much. I don't believe that is true in the least.  Sometimes, the brave thing to do is embrace a new dream, follow a different path, answer a new call.

I found this quote recently. It has served as a good reminder to me - that life is valuable, no matter the scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment