Monday, July 29, 2013

The Neighborhood


On this glorious summer day with unusually comfortable temperatures, (79 degrees...in July...in Knoxville, TN. Come on!! That never happens.) I find myself exceptionally thankful to be living this Downtown life.  So, as I went on a casual stroll this afternoon, I caught myself saying a little prayer of thanks - for the very real reminder that I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.  I can say with pretty reasonable certainty that the place I find myself today is nothing like what I imagined when I moved to Knoxville 5 years ago, but - good grief! - it is way better than whatever the 17-year-old version of myself had in mind.

So, here's to you, Monday, July 29.  You've been a day full of little blessings, and I like you.
-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment