Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thoughts from an Airport Terminal

First of all, I feel like the title of this post could be the title of a future, semi-indie movie, much like Perks of Being a Wallflower or Eat, Pray, Love, but with the unexpected wit of Juno.

But enough about that. There is something interesting about airports. There are all kinds of different people, all kinds of different baggage (figuratively and literally). And there are all sorts of different emotions people seem to be having. But I think my favorite thing to watch, as I sit and wait for United Flight 4314 to arrive, is the anticipation of those picking people up. The smiles that begin to spread as the time of the landing flight draws near. It is like a tiny little glimpse of Christmas - you know, the excitement that grows as the holiday gets closer and closer. And we all know I love Christmas. So, I love this. I like happy people. Therefore, I am becoming quite the fan of airport terminals.

That is all.
-JD



1 comment: